Foundation 56 values taking the fight against breast cancer to the streets…literally. The Methodist Hospital Mobile Mammogram Unit brings advanced breast cancer screening technology along with a friendly, all-female technologist staff to: community centers, clinics, businesses, churches, schools, other North Texas locations.
In order to qualify for a screening mammogram on our mobile mammography unit, a woman must:
• Be at least 35 years old or older
• Not have any current breast problems (this includes, but is not limited to, pain, leakage, lumps, dimples or fibrocystic breast disease)
• Not be pregnant or suspect she is pregnant
• Not have had a breast cancer diagnosis within the last 5 years
• Be able to get herself onto and off of the van unassisted and must be able to stand unassisted (the mobile unit is not wheelchair accessible and the patients must be able to stand for the exam)
Most major insurances, including Medicaid and Medicare Part B are accepted. Cash, check or charge are also accepted and is due at the time of the appointment. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify. To schedule an appointment, please call 214-947-0026.
CLICK HERE to locate the unit within the community. Simply select “Mobile Mammography” under “catagory” and click “FIND.”
NOTE: You must email us at email@example.com to make sure you qualify before making an appointment.
To reserve the mobile mammography unit for your community outreach event, please call 214-947-3621.